Mothers of Preschoolers
What is MOPS?
MOPS International is a globally chartered organization that exists to encourage, equip and develop every mother of preschoolers to realize her potential as a woman, mother and leader in the name of Jesus Christ.
MOPS stands for “mothers of preschoolers” – but don’t let that confuse you. MOPS is about meeting the needs of every mom of a child from conception through kindergarten. Whether you’re urban, suburban, rural, stay-at-home, working, teen, adoptive, special-needs, single or married, MOPS is for you!
MOPS groups are communities that strive to meet the needs of every mom with children from birth through kindergarten with the goal of creating a place where all moms feel welcomed and loved. MOPS recognizes that urban, suburban, and rural moms; stay-at-home and working moms; teen, single, and married moms all share a desire to be the best they can be. MOPS groups can help!
The next MOPS session at Canyon Hills Friends Church kicks off in the Fall of 2013. Being moms is what brings us together and allows us to build a community. The early years of being a mom are just as foundational to you as they are to your baby, and those years are filled with unique needs that other moms instinctively understand.
MOPS prepares Moms for today’s responsibilities in the family and community. It’s a great place to make new and lasting friendships with other women who desire to bless the Lord by raising Christ-centered children. Our Fall 2013 MOPS session is led by Olivia Lopez. For more information contact Kenzie Sodestrom:
714.695.0100 x 204
Our MOPS program is built on several foundational principles:
- COMMUNITY: MOPS provides an open, caring, and accepting atmosphere where women can come together to share this important season of life.
- MENTORING: Mature women listen, encourage, and offer information and perspectives gained through experience.
- PRACTICAL INSTRUCTION: Teaching focuses on areas of common interest, offering inspiration and information that is relevant to the life of a mother.
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: MOPS groups are organized and run by mothers of preschoolers, as well as for mothers of preschoolers. Women who are involved in MOPS gain confidence in their leadership skills through the training and experience they receive from MOPS.
The principles can be carried out through different aspects of the MOPS group:
- DISCUSSION: The intimate and accepting atmosphere of a small group offers moms a chance to share their successes, failures, questions, and concerns. It is during these times that a mom realizes that she is not alone, and lifelong friendships are formed.
- TEACHING: Topics presented at MOPS meetings celebrate motherhood and meet a mom’s unique needs during this season of life.
- CREATIVE ACTIVITIES: Through creative projects and presentations, women are encouraged to experience the sense of accomplishment that comes with trying and finishing new things.
- MOPPETS: During MOPS meetings, children are cared for in a program called MOPPETS, where they experience love in a preschool-like setting.